MBGFC Club Constitution
The name of the organisation that is governed by the following constitution is “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club”
The area served by “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” is the greater Mountview Parish and surrounding areas.
The objectives of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” shall be:
(a) To promote the development of schoolboy/schoolgirl soccer within the areas Mentioned in 2 above.
(b) To involve as many players/members as is feasible in the activities that the club provide to all age groups served by the club regardless of class, religion, creed, or Nationality.
(c) To promote sporting behaviour and the development of character and social skills.
(d) To represent the community in a Professional and Honourable manner at all times.
(e) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” shall be a non-political and non-sectarian organisation.
(f) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” and its committee shall reserve the right to object to any development detrimental to 3 (a) and 3(b).
(a) All players, managers, assistant managers, committee and mentors.
(b) All members and club mentors are entitled to vote at AGM’s or Emergency General Meetings.
(c) All members are bound by Club Constitution, Club Code of Conduct and the Club Grievance and Disciplinary Procedure
5. Annual General Meeting.
(a) The Annual General Meeting shall be held on a date specified by the club secretary 21 Days before the meeting will take place.
(b) Motions to be discussed at the AGM/EGM shall be given to the Secretary in writing no less than 7 Days prior to the date of the AGM/EGM.
(c) The committee will provide all members with a notice of the AGM 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
(d) All declarations, including amendments to the Constitution, shall be by simple Majority vote by show of hands.
(e) The method of voting shall be by show of hands, unless otherwise decided at the meeting.
7. Emergency General Meeting
The Committee as a group may call an Emergency General Meeting or on the requisition to the Secretary by any individual committee member who shall specify the business at the meeting. The purpose of the EGM must be submitted in writing to the committee 7 days before EGM sits. Two thirds of the club membership or the Chairman as an individual also has the right to call an EGM with immediate effect. No other business may be discussed at this meeting.
1. The committee shall consist of no less than 5 members and no more than 9 Members.
2. The committee shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting.
3. In the case that the required number as outlined in (1) above is reduced to below the minimum level stated, the committee may call an EGM to co-opt a willing member onto the committee who would otherwise not qualify as per (3) above.
4. Any member who fails to attend 3 consecutive meetings of the committee shall be deemed to resigned and shall be notified by the secretary.
5. A leave of absence for medical or personal reasons will be granted to any committee member once the Secretary has been informed in writing.
6. The committee shall meet at least once every two months and otherwise as often as necessary.
7. The quorum of the meeting shall be one half of the committee plus 1 and must include at least one officer.
8. The Chairman or in his/her absence the Vice Chairman shall preside over all meetings but in the absence of both an agreed Chairman shall be appointed.
9. The committee may appoint sub committee’s and at least one committee member shall be a member of any sub-committee formed and have full voting rights.
10. All decisions of the committee shall be binding unless reversed by an AGM or EGM.
11. Should a member of the committee be declared by a 4/7 majority of the committee to be guilty of conduct, which is prejudice to the interests of the club or to be incapable of discharging his/her duties as a member, he/she shall forthwith cease to be a member of the committee.
12. All Sub-Committee’s appointed by the Committee are bound by the constitution of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club”.
13. Committee membership of two or more family members is prohibited.
(a) The officers shall be the Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and any other such officers the committee deems desirable.
(b) At the first meeting of the committee after the AGM the officers shall be elected and will serve until their successors are elected.
(c) The Secretary shall prepare the Annual Report of the clubs activities. The Secretary shall convene and keep minutes of all meetings, deal with all correspondence on behalf of the club other than that allocated to other committee members by the committee. Notwithstanding this the Chairman may in special circumstances convene an EGM.
(d) The Treasurer shall receive all monies, which may from time to time be paid to the club, issue receipts for same and shall be responsible for it’s safekeeping. He/she shall submit a financial statement to each meeting of the committee.
(e) An officer can hold the same office once re-elected to that position at an AGM or EGM.
(f) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” require that three authorised signatories are assigned to sign cheques required for the club.
(g) The three authorised signatories will be active members of the committee of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club”.
(h) Of the three authorised signatories listed above in (f) at least 2 of the authorised signatories are required to sigh all cheques required for all business.
(a) The subscription per annum for insurance and registration shall be set each year by the committee prior to the beginning of each new season.
(b) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” require that three authorised signatories are assigned to sign cheques related to club business.
(c) The three authorised signatories will be active members of the committee of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club”.
(d) Of the three authorised signatories listed above in (f) at least 2 of the authorised signatories are required to sign all cheques required for club business.
(e) A bank account shall be opened in a bank approved by the committee and all monies of the club shall be lodged in the account.
(f) The financial accounts of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” shall be compiled by the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer and presented at each meeting and at each Annual General Meeting for adoption.
(g) A Financial Auditor may be adopted at the Annual General Meeting.
(h) The club financial year run’s from 1st July until 30th of June of each year.
11. Property & Equipment
If at anytime the members at the Annual General Meeting, or at a Emergency General Meeting called for the purpose, shall pass a resolution authorising the Committee to borrow money or accept grants, the committee shall thereupon be empowered to borrow for the purpose of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” such amount of money in such form and manner and upon such security as shall be specified in such resolution and thereupon the Trustee or Trustees shall, at the direction of the committee, make all such dispositions of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” properties or any part as the committee may deem proper for giving security for such loans or grants.
(a) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” may decide at any AGM to become affiliated to any organisation whose objectives further or enhance the objectives of “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club”.
(b) If at times circumstances arise for which there is no provision in these rules, or If a question arises as to the interpretation of the rules, the same shall be brought before the committee, whose decision of which shall be binding and final.
(c) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” and it’s members will be bound by the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) Code of Ethics and Child Protection Policy.
(d) “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” and its members will be bound by “Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” club Constitution, Club Code of Conduct and the Club Grievance and Disciplinary Procedure (See4(c) above).
(d) Each club member as stated in 4(c) above will refrain from discussing any Club business outside of any club forum as called by the committee. (i.e. Committee/Manager’s meetings and or any Disciplinary meetings). Failure to do this will result in possible suspension or expulsion from the club. The committee will uphold all decisions in relation to any breach of club confidentiality or of bringing the club into disrepute.
“Mountview Boys & Girls Football Club” shall be compelled to carry insurance against Public Liability and personal claims.
No player can play or train or be involved in any club activities unless their insurance subscription as outlined in Section 10(a) above, is paid in full after signing for the club.